Saturday, February 17, 2007

finally a new blog

I plan to post some inspiration for my jewelry making here but no school work. I may also use this blog to keep in touch with Jesse, who is currently living in Madrid for 6 months.

Currently I am extremely excited about the idea of dipping our plexiglass brooches in a rubber coating.

It would make them even more organic, with rounded out edges and enhance their droopy, drippy-ness. It would also make them more durable. But the number one reason of interest is texture and COLOR!


Our shop has no color right now, at all! Which is not like me at all, but supplies in the plastics industry that are sufficiently thin and delicate only come in black, white and clear!


Check out these colors of rubber coating:





I am buying a small container of the yellow, blue, and red tonight and can't wait for them to arrive! our styrene designs could also be very interesting coated with rubber since I imagine the small size of the holes in the mesh would lead to some holes being open and others closed when coated, a second layer of patterning.

I was inspired by the jewelry of Lina Peterson whose coats her wire/metal/other bracelets and brooches in some sort of polymer. It looks fantastic.
















1 comment:

Lina said...

hrmm....
I'm not sure if you are 'inspired by my jewellery'...or just copying what I do?
I like what you do, it comes from you, which is always the best way.

Kind Regards,
Lina